HOWARU® Protect EarlyLife
HOWARU® Protect EarlyLife
HOWARU® Protect EarlyLife (Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001™)
Safe and efficacious, supporting the development of gut microbiota and immune systems in infants
When a family welcomes a new life, their heartfelt happiness is usually followed by the new parents’ concerns for the baby. Eczema in infants is such a health issue it is a concern for the entire family, because this disease can cause intense itching, which can occur again and again, causing skin damage and secondary infection. This not only causes damage to the healthy development of children, but also increases their risk of having other allergic diseases and has an impact on their physical health during adulthood. With the deepening of research into the pathogenesis of eczema in infants, the development of gut microbiota has been confirmed to be associated with allergy and eczema. Researchers have also discovered that using probiotics to regulate the immune system of infants is an effective way to prevent and relieve eczema for infants.
HOWARU® Protect EarlyLife contains the probiotic strain Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001™ and is designed specifically for pregnant women and children (0 to 2 years). Its safety has been proved by clinical trials. It has also been confirmed to support the development of immune health in infants, and lower the incidence of eczema. HOWARU® Protect EarlyLife provides a protective umbrella for the health of infants.
HOWARU® Protect EarlyLife has demonstrated impressive efficacy in the reduction of eczema.
In research conducted by Wickens and his team for several publications, a double-blind, randomized placebo controlled clinical study was conducted with 316 mothers and their infants. Pregnant mothers were supplemented daily from 5 weeks pre-term to 6 months post-term if they were breastfeeding. Infants were supplemented daily from birth until 2 years of age. The probiotic was administered in capsules to mothers and as powder, powder diluted to milk, or sprinkled on top of the food to infants. 
Results demonstrated that:
- The children in the Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001™ group experienced a significant reduction of 44% in the cumulative prevalence of eczema at two years of age.
- The effect of Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001™ on decreasing the prevalence of eczema persisted until 6 years of age, when the cumulative prevalence was found to be 44% lower.
After the follow-up study at six years of age, results showed that:
- Supplementation with Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001™ decreased the cumulative prevalence of positive skin-prick tests by 31%
- At age 4, the relative risk of rhinoconjunctivits (rhinitis and red eyes) was found to be 62 % lower in the probiotic group.
Why choose HOWARU® Protect EarlyLife?
- Proven to support the development of immune health in infants
- Significant protective effect observed during first 2 years of life, a prolonged effect over 6 years and a unique long-term benefit promoting balanced immune health
- Proven as safe and well tolerated by mothers and infants
- Available in a range of formulations to facilitate daily consumption
- Proprietary stabilization techniques ensure that EarlyLife maintains its prime condition throughout its shelf-life
- Strain is approved for incorporation into infant food
1. Lee J, Seto D, Bielory L. Meta-analysis of clinical trials of probiotics for prevention and treatment of pediatric atopic dermatitis[J]. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2008, 121(1): 116-121. e11.
2. Thestrup‐Pedersen K. Atopic eczema. What has caused the epidemic in industrialised countries and can early intervention modify the natural history of atopic eczema?[J]. Journal of cosmetic dermatology, 2003, 2(3‐4): 202-210.
3. Van Der Aa L B, Heymans H S A, Van Aalderen W, et al. Probiotics and prebiotics in atopic dermatitis: review of the theoretical background and clinical evidence[J]. Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, 2010, 21(2p2): e355-e367.
4. Wickensetal. 2008; Wickens et al.2012;Wickensatal.2013